Who Are We?
Greenfaith/ARRCC brings together people from different faith communities and spiritualities in Melbourne to respond holistically in thought, practice, community and spirit to the ecological problems our diverse multifaith society is facing.
We seek to learn from the wisdom of the faith traditions in responding ethically to our ecological environment.
We hope to act practically on ecological issues and through action create opportunities for interfaith fellowship and learning.
Greenfaith Australia has recently formed as a grass-roots interfaith organisation with broad representation across different religious, age, gender, geographic and cultural groups in Melbourne. As a young organisation we welcome participation from all those with a genuine interest in fostering ecological and cultural flourishing through diversity.
Statement of Purpose
1. To bring together people from the different faiths in responding to environmental issues.
2. To learn from the wisdom of the faith traditions in responding ethically to our ecological environment.
3. To act practically on ecological issues aimed at healing ourselves and our environment.
4. Through this action, to create opportunities for interfaith friendship and learning.
5. To foster ecological and cultural flourishing through diversity.